Volunteers provide iSTEM with additional support in a variety of ways. We update this page frequently with volunteer opportunities and invite you to check back if you are interested in helping us by working with our students.
In addition to the opportunities listed below, we also send out periodic newsletters that may also include volunteer opportunities. Please sign up at the link below to join our mailing list and stay up-to-date on opportunities throughout the year! Become an iSTEM Volunteer
Ways to Become Involved
- Your Expertise is Needed
- Are you an Engineer? Are you or your company looking for opportunities to help the next generation of students be successful? We are seeking highly qualified individuals who can provide engineering workshops, job focused presentations, and share options for career choices to iSTEM students. If interested please contact Amanda McNamara-Lowe at 330.358.8038 or email@example.com.
- Become a Robotics Coach
- iSTEM Early College High School is looking for a Robotics Coach.
As the Robotics Coach, you will provide the iSTEM Early College High School Team with opportunities to form learning partnerships between students with different technology skill levels while providing engineering expertise. The iSTEM Early College High School Robotics Coach will facilitate activities related to district, regional, and state robotics competitions. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Tamee Tucker at 330.358.8038 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a Job Shadow Mentor
- Learn how to become a job shadow mentor on our Student Job Shadow Program page.
iSTEM Early College High School offers a robust Career Exploration model, which includes shadow days for all of our students each year. During these experiences, students either arrange their own job shadow experiences or depend on iSTEM staff to help them find a shadow experience in their future career field of choice with one our partners.
In order to help make the process of finding job shadow sites more efficient, we ask our partners to fill out our Partnership Questionnaire
to help us know how you and/or your organization would like to partner with iSTEM Early College High School. One of the options includes "serving as a job shadow site location." This is our starting point when seeking to match students with local organizations during this experience.
If your organization would like to become a partner, please fill out the Partnership Questionnaire to let us know. Please contact Amanda McNamara-Lowe with any questions you have about the experience and what it entails at email@example.com
- Become a Job Shadow Mentor
- Becoming a job shadow mentor is simple, and only requires that you are willing to host a student one to two times per year during these experiences.
- Become an Internship Mentor
- Learn how to become an internship mentor on our Student Internship Program page.
Organizations that have specific projects they would like students to help them with are encouraged to contact iSTEM Early College High School with a description of their specific needs so that we can make it known to students who may be seeking to complete an internship in this industry.
Proposing an Internship Experience
If your organization is willing to host a student for an internship experience and/or has a project you would like students to work on, please fill out the questionnaire below to let us know in the notes section at the bottom of the form! You may also contact Tamee Tucker directly to discuss the parameters of a possible internship experience and the best way to communicate this to potential iSTEM Early College High School interns. There is no guarantee that we will always be able to match a student with a host organization, but we will do our best to find a student whose interests and skills align with your project!